Liposuction in NYC: The Best Option for Belly Fat?
Many requests for plastic surgery in Manhattan revolve around a desire to achieve a leaner, trimmer waistline. Belly fat is a very real development for many in the middle years of life, and can be challenging to eliminate once it makes an appearance.
There are many possible causes of belly fat and nearly as many options for reducing the spread. From liposuction in NYC to a full tummy tuck procedure, find out how you can say goodbye to belly fat for good.
Common causes of belly fat
- Age – Belly fat can be an unfortunate byproduct of the natural aging process. During the middle years, the body tends to lose muscle mass, particularly if regular exercise is not part of the equation. That process results in less efficient calorie burning, which can lead to weight gain around the midsection.
- Sedentary Lifestyle – Lack of exercise is a more obvious cause of the accumulation of a “spare tire” around the waistline. Inactive lifestyles increase the risk for a host of potential health conditions, as well as the increased inches. The good news is daily physical activity can reverse this effect.
- Alcohol – Beer, wine and other alcoholic beverages are empty calories that some believe go straight to the waistline. While the occasional drink probably won’t make a huge impact, imbibing three or four times a week can start to pack on the pounds. If you want to flatten an already protruding abdomen, alcohol should be one of the first things to go.
- Calories – Too many calories add pounds to many areas of the body, especially the midsection. When you combine those extra calories with little or no physical activity, the results can be seen even faster. Maintaining a diet high in complex carbohydrates and lean protein over saturated fats and simple carbohydrates can also have a positive effect.
Say goodbye to waistline inches
When those inches start to creep up, most people try diet and exercise as a means of whittling the waist and trimming the abs. But what if diet and exercise alone don’t work? That is when many turn to liposuction in NYC or other cosmetic solutions for a leaner, trimmer physique. Some of the options for eliminating belly fat include:
- Radio Frequency Treatments – Radio frequency energy provides a non-invasive way to tighten up the abdominal area and reduce body circumference. RF energy, used in both the Tite Fx and Body Tite procedures, melts away fat cells for natural elimination from the body. In some cases, these treatments may be combined with liposuction for best results.
- Liposuction – The traditional means for eliminating unwanted pockets of fat, liposuction uses tiny incisions and a suction device to remove fat cells from the body permanently. This minimally invasive procedure is particularly effective in slimming the contour of the waistline, but can be used on numerous other areas of the body as well.
- Tummy Tuck – Also referred to as abdominoplasty, a tummy tuck produces the most dramatic results by firming up abdominal muscles and removing excess skin and fatty tissue. The surgical procedure can help both men and women achieve a flatter stomach and is often used in conjunction with liposuction for optimum results.
If you are in search of plastic surgery in Manhattan to give you the body contour you’ve always desired, Dr. Thomas Loeb can help. This internationally recognized plastic surgeon offers a wide range of procedures for his patients to address their specific needs. For more information about liposuction in NYC or other tummy-slimming procedures, contact Dr. Loeb’s office today at 212-327-3700.